Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tribute #23: Michael Potts

My sister Nancy and I are only three years apart, but when we were in high school it seemed like a lot more. I remember Nancy's friends coming over after play rehearsals and being in awe of just how cool they were. Though some of their faces and names have slipped my mind, I'll always remember the funniest of the bunch. Then again, it's hard to forget a person like Mike Potts.

When Mike was over at our house, he'd let my little brothers try to tackle him, endured my dad's corny jokes and made us all laugh. He's the type of guy that everyone wants to be around as he makes situations more fun with his unique personality and outlook. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen Mike in over a decade, but the lasting impression he made on me is a testament of his character.

Mike, thanks for making Nancy's little sister feel like she could hang with the cool kids. You truly are one of the funniest people I've met and I know that no matter what life throws at you, it's no match for your grit.  

 Today's Musical Selection >

Winning Everyone Over





No comments:

Post a Comment