Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tribute #26: Robbie Pratt

The first letter of our last name is not only part of our identity, but also plays a hand in our fate. That’s why I wonder how different my life would be if on that fateful day at Ellis Island the man checking my great grandfather’s papers had correctly spelled his last name with a “C” instead of a “Q.” One thing I know for certain is that I wouldn’t have had such a great locker buddy as Robbie Pratt.

One look at Robbie and there’s no denying he could beat you up — though I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t hurt a fly. He has such a positive energy and I always enjoyed seeing him throughout the day as we transitioned from class to class. Being greeted by a friendly hello every morning goes a long way, especially in high school.   

Robbie, thanks for teaching me that you can’t judge a book by its cover. Though you are a bad ass in your own right, you are also one of the kindest people I remember from Holt High. I hope you’re doing great, and from the look of it you are.

Today's Musical Selection >

A Good Soul Through and Through


1 comment:

  1. Rosie I had to smile when I read this post...I'm not the only one who has thought of her old locker partner throughout the years. Happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete