Friday, December 3, 2010

Tribute #18: Lori Hartlein

A few years back I ventured to Boston to meet up with my Dad for a wedding weekend. It was a rare opportunity to see him, and I'll always be grateful we got to spend that quality time together. I remember when I first arrived, in the midst of the wedding festivities, I felt out of place as I hardly knew anyone. However, throughout the weekend I became more at ease as I got to know the family and I'm very fortunate that I got to meet the groom's cousin Lori Hartlein.

There are some individuals whose positivity and warmth radiate from the core and Lori is definitely one of them. She's someone who's genuinely interested in people's stories and experiences, and wants to learn all about you instead of talking about herself. From what I did learn about Lori, her adventures far outweigh mine and she makes life a constant exciting adventure.

I greatly admire Lori's take on life. She left the corporate world to move to a small town in Georgia. There she lived on a lake and could paddle boat to her heart's content. Living simply and making a living through her art, she seems to have the recipe for happiness. 

Lori, thanks for being an excellent role model for leading a creative, free-flowing life. I really look up to your carefree spirit and hope that you're living life to the fullest. When you get a chance please give your Aunt Sandy my love. 


A Role Model for Happiness
























No comments:

Post a Comment