Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tribute #15: Monica Toth

I spent most of my childhood in the Lansing area, but I made my debut in a suburb outside of Detroit. Bulman Elementary, St. Valentine's Church, and 14801 Woodworth all seem like distant memories. Though over the years I've forgotten some of the details of my life in Redford, I will never forget one of my closest childhood friends, Monica Toth.

Monica lived directly across the street from us, and I still remember how excited I was to learn that there was a girl my age moving in. We quickly became friends and bonded over important things like Disney movies, and deciding who was the cutest of the New Kids on the Block. Monica's older sisters had first pick, so we were left with the rejects, but somehow we made do. 

Being one of five kids (at the time) wasn't the easiest, and I would often escape from the craziness of my home and run off to the Toth's. Swimming and sleepovers helped me get through many a summer, and I was blessed to have such a good, positive friend nearby. 

Monica, thanks for being my Redford buddy. I can't think back to Woodworth without thinking of your wonderful family. It's hard to believe it's been nearly 20 years since we've seen each other in person. Now that we're in the same city we really should try to meet up. Just think, this time we'll have first pick of the NKOTB boys. 

Today's Musical Selection > 

My Little Friend Monica



No comments:

Post a Comment