Monday, August 23, 2010

Tribute #2: Allison Hicks

During high school I remember seeing Allison Hicks quite a bit during marching band season. While plodding around the field in my brown polyester playing Fleetwood Mac I would often stare at the color guard team and watch their graceful movements. The poise and grace that Allison displayed on the field shone through later in life, too, but during a much harder time.

Through facebook I learned that Allison lost her Mother to Lupus. As we hadn’t talked since high school I felt funny about reaching out and sending my condolences, and I’m sorry about that. We should never pass up the opportunity to let someone know they are in our thoughts. I can’t even begin to imagine what Allison went through and I know it wasn't easy. However, in keeping up with her posts I see a woman determined to live life to the fullest.

Allison, thank you for showing me what grace looks like. You are an amazing example of it to all who know you. 


Allison honoring her Mom during the Lupus Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment